Castle, Beckett, and the murderboard
4x22 - 5x02
Look at the difference in their body language!
Personal space? What’s that?
Beckett’s look of horror in the 3rd GIF
Penny was probably just playing herself in this scene
Reblogging again for ^that comment
I have to say… this was quite a mind fuck. O_o BUT I LOVE IT.
OMG SHE ORDERED THE REST OF THE BOOKS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
CASTLE:Take away the love story and you have a woman fighting with everything she has to find her mother’s killer and a man who’s struggling to find something other than fame.
BONES:Take away the love story and you have a genius woman who’s trying to accept that her father abandoned her years ago and a Special Agent.
And I recently got ahold of the original pilot draft for 1x01 for Castle. Written by Andrew Marlowe before they even started auditioning people. You know? Kind of a lure to get writers, designers, producers, and actors interested. Well, there were some differences.
- “Rick (Richard) Castle” was originally “Nick (Nicholas) Castle.”
- “Javier Esposito” was originally “Tony Esposito.”
- “Kevin Ryan” was originally “Brian McNaulty.”
- Lanie Parish was originally pregnant—and showing and is described as a “Southern belle.” (Because belles say things like “Imma smack you” these days).
- “Martha Rodgers” was originally “Martha Heath.”
- Castle knew that someone Beckett was close to was killed and that’s why she became a cop. But originally, Esposito tells him it was her mother.
- They actually do get hot dogs after visiting Mr. Tisdale.
- Originally, “Heat Wave by Rick Castle” was “Bullets and Bracelets by Nick Castle.” Castle finishes the manuscript at the end of the episode, which Gina finds on her desk.
- At the ending, before Montgomery calls Beckett in to tell her she has a “fan,” she was holding a case file with Storm’s End inside it, pretending to read the case file.
- In the actual episode, Gina is there, what? Two percent of the time? But in this script, she’s there more like 10 percent and her and Castle have a more working relationship.
- Stana Katic brought A LOT to Kate. The character of Castle was already childishly humorous, but to me it wasn’t exactly clear just how damaged Kate was through the script.
Anyway, so, SO glad that all the actor’s brought their own to the script. Imagine: Brian McNaulty, Tony Esposito, Nick Castle, a PREGNANT Lanie?!?
Thank God for the personality quirks, scene and line changes, and other little (but in the long run, big) things that they did.
Once upon a time, a network named ABC had shown all the other television promos to their fans. The Castle fans, who were the fairest in the land, were waiting patiently for the day when they, too, would get to watch their promo.
They waited patiently: “Please, ABC, may we have our promo?”
But ABC decided to be cruel and nasty and hide away the promo. So Castle fans tried begging. “Seriously, if we don’t get our promo, we’ll die! WE NEED IT!”
ABC still wouldn’t relent. However, the Castle fans were still waiting patiently and happily as ever…
“OH MY GOD, WE CAN’T HANDLE THIS!! WE’RE GONNA RIP OUT OUR EYEBALLS IF WE DON’T GET THIS SHIT SOON!!!”
Well, the power of want is very strong, so all the Castle fans banned together and headed to the land of Twitter. They decided they needed to take drastic action. They stated plain and simple, what was going to happen.
“Let’s explain how this works. You stop screwing around and give us our promo, or we’ll hunt you down and torch each and everyone of your houses. Comprende, amigos?”
ABC had no choice.
They gave them the promo and the Castle fans finally got to see Beckett, with her hair all sexed up and her eyes all flirty, walking around in nothing more than a man’s dress shirt. Oh, and Castle was there, too.
And they lived happily ever after.
(Until the 24th when they got a Caskett sex scene and all died from excessive hyperventilation).
CASTLE: You know, there is another way… We don’t go through the cuffs.
BECKETT: You mean-
CASTLE: 127 Hours.
BECKETT: Are you offering to cut off your own hand?
CASTLE: Woah, mine? I was thinking about yours.
BECKETT: My hand? Why my hand?
CASTLE: It’s smaller.
(Castle | 4x10)